Hollowcast CSA Near Completion And More Hollowcast For Regeneration

                             More hollowcast for fixing... Just cleaned them after paint was removed (unlike the CSA troops that were touched up after parts were replaced.

 Looks rough close up, which reminds me why I often strip old paint first. Also I have to remove that bit of hair!



  Colour matched ancient enamel paint. They last better than Games Workshop acrylics that often dry in the bottles. The Humbrol and Airfix colours matched the uniform and original horse colour. I had to use a hammer blow to loosen the bottle lid.


  Guy at left is mostly original although I suspect the face was repainted due to the large sized eyes. and mat skin.
   Guy at left had this face when i got it from Palmersaurus. Someone went to great care to paint the eyes and little mo so I left it as is.
    Bottom left - another face painted by someone with carefully painted dot eyes and eyebrows. I left as is except for sculpting a nose (the head may have been homecast) and adding rosy cheeks. He reminds me of a Tintin character, Note the blue trouser stripe and he had an officer's sash so i think he and the other slouch hat man were intended as either infantry officers mounted or general staff.



I also added putty blanket rolls. Others already had added ones from rolled led or paper. I am thinking of painting over the trouser stripes as regulation uniform on both sides stipulated such only for NCOs and officers. On the other hand there were many volunteer, state and militia uniforms that might not have adhered to this stipulation.

I also will be adding bases, probably thicker than usual to compensate a little for the figures small size next to most of my plastic figures. I may add canteens too if I can be bothered.

Comments

Popular Posts