Plastic Animal Friends For My Toy Soldiers

 I bought these animals today at $2.50 a bag and bought about six bags. 

   The oxen caught my eye. The others are too big, except the camel which will be a baby camel.


                                          Size comparison to humans of 'God's animal bounty'.
   Saying her prayers because those dinos look kind of hungry. The big ones will be mounts for fantasy figures.
  I just got them because I like how their mouths are wide open, ready to eat something or someone.


   The goat is the only animal here the right scale for 1/32 but I have plans for the cats - they will be statues outside my own palace of cats!

                                               The bigger oxen get black wash....
                                              ...followed by light red brown dry brushing.
    Now eyes and horns are painted and they are set too work. Strangely, these hard plastic animals are hollow and made from two parts making it hard to eradicate the join lines.


                          Comparison to other beasts of burden - here the Britains plastic draft horses.


    Here is an older cheapo hairy oxen harnessed to a BMC Alamo cart. He had been damaged and has some putty head hair added.


                     The new oxen will have some putty yokes added but I'll be keeping it simple.

Comments

Popular Posts