Royal Marines Painted

A certain amount of whimsy as well as nostalgia was involved with this project as the figures are a mix of middle 20th century and 19th century. Like the Lone Star figure placed there for comparison, they are in ceremonial uniform but in combat poses.

Unlike the Lone Star figure they have more equipment which I could have cut off but chose to leave and to paint like antiquated 19th century webbing and ammunition pouches.

I also made these conversions to add to my Lone Star marines but they don't fit comfortably together given the Lone Star figures are much bigger and chunkier. 

I added greater length to the tunics of two of the figures by applying Green Stuff. The kneeling figure's pose hid the difference so I didn't alter this part. The firearms are a little ambiguous but I did trim some down to look more like simple rifles.









 My pal Bryan is going to sell me a few more Lone Star marines so I shall have a substantial force. One of those s missing his rifle and possibly, a hand, which has broken off so I might have him manning a cannon or machinegun or else carrying a flag or bugle.

Another thought: what about creating another arm of service - The Royal Mounted marines? Just an idea for my imagi-nation, Redia.

Comments

Popular Posts