Traditional Toy Soldier Restoration And Painting.

 First up the home casting as British rifles: He looks fine from this angle but the other shoulder looks too big. I gave more detail on the face than a traditional figure, kind of like some of the early toy soldier collector  enhanced home painting looked like.

Here is the hollow cast Britains Italian painted in original colours. If I really wanted him to be near identical to the original I'd need to do a sloppier paint job and to have a moveable arm.

I paint these sort of figures in semi gloss or satin because that is how I find old toy soldiers. If they originally had a full gloss it has faded over time. Personally I do not have a nostalgia for full gloss and find it a bit distracting. I use a mix of gloss, mat and semi-mat paints, mostly enamel for metal figures but with some acrylics. The whole thing is given a satin varnish overcoat.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts