Death Zap Blog

 I recently discovered, via the Man of Tin blog, a blog called Death Zap. It is heavy on SF and fantasy with historical addons. By comparison I'd say most of my wargames are heavy on historical starting point with fantasy and SF addons. In any case I love this Death Zap blog.

Like Man of Tin it makes a lot of use of cheap plastic army men but also even converts Disney cartoon characters, Goofy and Donald, into zombie and SF characters. The conversion of a plastic baby doll into a Nurgle Chaos demon has to be seen to be believed as do the conversions from Monsters Inc.

What I especially like is that a background of colonised planets that have gradually regressed in technology until it is again gradually rediscovered and the visit to medieval and other societies by modern or futuristic warriors is very cool.  Items of technology are then sold or bartered by the technologically advanced to the lesser so.

Not everything is one way though. The less technologically advanced society can be advanced in magic, s much so that it can have knights in magically blessed armour resistant to bullets and lasers! This got me thinking about my own imaginary world. My intention was for old technologies to eventually give way to new, although with mixed transitionary periods. The lingering of magical power could create exceptions to this. I am thinking a priest could have the power to 'bless' plate armour. Whether this would be automatic or require a certain dice roll each battle or limited to a couple of units in all the armies I have not yet decided.
One of the coolest things I saw in the Death Zap blog was a battle between ghost ancient Romans, Vikings, French Foreign Legion and WW2 German paratroopers as they served different gods!

https://thedeathzap.wordpress.com/


Comments

Popular Posts