New Figures From ACOTS 2021

 Whilst some people at the ACOTS convention paid big bickies for a few King and Country my main focus was on the 50 cents, $1 and $2 figures even though a number were broken or had rudimentary paint jobs.

Below: some Cafe Storm figures that will make great character figures for my armies. The seated figure will be the Sultan of Fezia. The Romans will be leaders of units in Patra. The Druid will be a sorcerer.

                                         This HK copy of Crescent is one of my childhood favourites.
   
                                         The sailor needs a mop. The cowboy just looks cool.
                                             More ancient cannon fodder for Patra's armies.
                          I'm going to fix the grenadiers rifles and repaint them, The Lone Star Aussie I might convert for WW1. The weird Speedwell German will have his weapon fixed and will get a new paint job. The modern infantry fifure is Speedwell and the girl is Timpo.
   Elvira should have dark hair. She is a 1/24th scale car kit accessory which will get a new paint job. Thanks Bob! The tricorne figure is a copy of Timpo.
                                               Shatterhand figures. I like their individuality.
                    Someone converted an eyes right figure; I am going to paint him as a Royal Marine. The old metal Britains need arms or head.
                                            Roches company figures from the Crocket series
   I don't know if the pirate looking rider goes with the set but he will be an imagi-nations general. The cowboy who is hatless is another brand but will look good painted.
                    I picked up some nice cowboy and Indians made in Europe. I think the pink  vest is probably a bit of a stretch.

       I'm not a huge Napoleonic fan but I did like these figures. I'll have to paint others to go with them as a nucleus for a unit.

                                 Mini-me Conan, perhaps he will be a dwarf or Hobbit leader.
                             These conquistadores will be conscripted into Beerstein's armies.
       I bought one of Larry's boats because I loved the figure head and I suspect it will function as a river boat to transport notables of Beerstein or Bogavania, or perhaps the Hill People.
                         The AIP Egyptians will be painted as latter day Fezians or Balkans types, probably in fictitious uniforms.
  I'm planning to paint a cavalry unit of British and one of Americans corresponding to the Timpo swoppet versions I loved as a boy. I always was fascinated by the tricornes and white wigs, as well as their white 'long johns'. In reality the wigs were largely gone by the revolution and the tricornes were replaced by more compact headgear. In any case they will probably serve Bogavania and Beerstein when they move into the flintlock age.
                       I bought these DSG SA from Military Hobbies in Adelaide. Bob, reckons that at $20 they were a bargain as DSG has stopped making them and they are now worth at least $50. I'm not sure if the caps are accurate but they certainly look distinctive, which is why I got them, right down to the swastika arm bands. Of course some would say they are too controversial but then what would a contemporary European or Arab think of the Mongols? 
   Mounted Mexicans depicting those in the Magnificent Seven; they are nice figures but come with kind of 'crutch' for the horses to stop them falling over; I'll replace those with something else.
                    There is something very distinctive about Adrian helmets. These blokes will get added to my Blusian army or else to Army Purple (France and Belgium). Thanks to Steve for the Supreme Greeks I can fill out another ancient Greek cavalry unit so that I'll have four altogether for my Patran army. I may also use them as Dark Elves as their ears are covered anyway! (Yeah, my Dark Elves don't have to be identical to their smaller Warhammer cousins).
                       As a child  I never had the one piece Timpo cavalry but I do like them so I am building up an ACW cavalry unit consisting only of them.
                                                   Fodder for my Fezian and Patran armies.
        

                    Aztecs and Incas begging for new paint jobs. Superman lies down on the job.
                                  Copy of Timpo American revolution. The cowboy might be painted as a Contra Guerilla from the French forces in Mexico.
                                                   Some nice Injuns. Timpo mine sweeper
                                  Two Britains hollowcast Rebs from Palmosaurus's collection; they will fill out a unit I'm working on. And more hollowcast.

     Some very rough home cast  copies of Timpo Romans that will need a LOT of work.




Comments

  1. Great stuff. the sailor missing the mope is Marx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that. I will need to find a reference picture if I decide to restore the mop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts