More Cheapo Plastic Fantasy And SF From China

 I had a mixed reaction to this fantasy set as the figures are a bit hit and miss

The mermaide warrior below is nice but there are not a lot of them in the set. My thought is also that the top half could be used on a bottom half with legs.


                     Cerberus, the three headed dog, is well sculpted and of a fearsome size.


   This is a useful figure as it could be used as a harpy. it does, however, suffer from warped leg syndrome. It could be a candidate for having the base removed and to be suspended on a wire or transparent plastic stem to indicate flying. It would be useful in a Dark Elf army.
       Two more figures I like are the sea creature, with humanoid body, at left and the wolf.
Frog creature but few in number in the set and cyclops. The cyclops is of the same size as the humans but I would use it to load catapults in my Chaos army or replace the head for a generic ancient type catapult loader - he has sandals. he arms could be cut away from the body and refixed at a downward angle as that rock looks kind of heavy.

These figures are a bit annoying. The humans are weedy looking although I'd be inclined to give the female wings to make her into a fairy. The weapons are a bit poxy but the hands are too small to be drilled out to give decent DSG ones so the whole arm would need to be replaced.

I HATE the unicorn! And that is not because I am a on the evil side. The front legs are withered and too small compared to the rear  legs. That is the inconsistent quality one finds with cheap figures.

   The same problem occurs with this headless rider. it is a really nice figure EXCEPT for the ********front legs. In buying two sets I got out of them eleven or twelve of these headless rider horses. The horse has some armour on its neck and sports a head hanging from the saddle. The rider has a nice high collar and flying cape. My intention was to drill through where the neck would be on the rider and add some fanciful heads for a really unique and entirely fantasy or alternative timeline figure. Would I use medieval, ECW, Napoleonic or even WW2 German heads?

So now I see I would also have to cut the front legs off and replace them with wire and putty - very time consuming. Most likely I'll do it for one and then see if I can be bothered doing it for more.


  This little beastie actually has convincingly sized wings so somewhat convincing.
                 The box. There are heaps of figures in two grey tones making them great for kids play but also an interesting range of types so I should not complain too much.

Comments

Popular Posts