Cherilea British Infantry And Culloden Scott.

 These figures are not from the same period as the English soldier is Crimean War period and the Scot represents a Culloden clansman.

The original Cherilea figure had lost virtually all his paint so I did a repaint but with added detail from the basic original. I also remade the shako ball. The difference from Napoleonic is the trousers are dark blue with red welt instead of grey. The shako also has a rear peak. I'd love to have a regiment of these but have only a few figures.

  The highlanders at Culloden could have a wide variety of jacket colours as well as tartans. I didn't try to represent any particular tartan but I believe that the tartan colours could vary from individual to individual and perhaps didn't even always represent a particular clan (unlike the various highlander regiments later incorporated in the British army although, even there, the Black Watch tartan was, I think, not representing a particular clan)..

I have a bout 24 of the highlanders, enough to make a regiment. I think that when I eventually paint the repro Cherilea  they will become part of my Hillmen country and fight alongside Vikings!

Comments

Popular Posts