Amerigan Invasion Of Ozzz Round Three

 Mat and I played our third replay of the Ozzz scenario, This time I had the Amerigan army and began with three regiments. I decided that the scenario was very difficult for the Amerigans as they began with two flanks threatened. Therefore, my strategy was to quickly attack the flank and hopefully gain ground before the other three Ozzz armies could get close.

Some things went horribly wrong for both sides. For me the worst thing was the knocking out of my two machine guns. They took position on my right flank to, hopefully wipe out whatever opposed them, It didn't work out like that as Mat positioned his scarecrow unit there and it sent in its attack crows. This was a weapon that could be launched once in the game and would do D6 damage. They killed half my machine gunners and the rest fled back through the portal! 

Meanwhile, however, my infantry regulars had taken position on the ridge of the hill and exchanged shooting with Dorothy Gale's tricorne militia. The latter did surprisingly well but the Amerigans continued to hold the ridge. At the same time The Rough Riders moved to the road (made of faded yellow bricks) and charged up the road at the Munchkin cavalry. The latter were wiped out. They next charged the Munchkin artillery and wiped out the crews. Their next move was to move on to the hill, flanking the militia. Then they hesitated, giving the militia time to turn and fire on them but this also meant that my infantry could fire at the militia without taking fire. The Militia's time was up.

Mat had his own disaster at the start when his two bad witches failed their treachery rolls and refrained from the early part of the battle, one for four moves and one for six. This aided me as it also took a while for Glinda's forces to move through the forest opposite my forces. The main headache were the Wizard's scarecrows and his guard unit. My newly arrived cavalry were actually defeated by the scarecrows but my infantry on the hill turned and fired on them, sending them into retreat. The diminished Munckin guard were then attacked in the rear by my Rough Riders and wiped out, including Zoraster.

On my left flank the dire beasts were killed and my infantry moved in to the tunnel and came out on the other side where they shot down the Gillikan artillery crew. At the start my infantry were engaged in vigorous fire fights with the Quadling infantry and guards and also had to repel skeleton warriors. My Amerigans also committed a 'ear crime' when they fired on the amphibious pond people, killing half of them despite no hostility evidenced by them. (I was not going to wait for them to decided to attack).

My steam flyer repeated the other games when it dropped a bomb on the giant and killed him.

Mat, craftily moved his Winkie rifle unit into his left flank opposite the ground I had taken on my right and thus occupied a table quarter. When we rolled the die to see if the game continued Mat suggested that on a 4 it ended (instead of the customary 6). It came up a 4 just as my left flank infantry were moving up on his right flank.

Our next game will have a Renaissance army against the Ozzz forces.














Comments

Popular Posts