Cherilea Reproduction English Civil War Roundhead Halberd Men Painted

These are big chunky figures, at least 60mm. They are really sergeants but I want to make a full regiment of them. I just have to locate some more. I have one other that I painted years ago.

On a historical note, the striped arms, so beloved of old history book illustration were actually not historical, or so I read, It shows my changed attitude that I painted them that way anyway; once I would have refused to do so if I thought they were not 100% accurate. It is like those 'targets' on the top of Alamo Mexican shakoes. They look great but are a movie fabrication yet some people still paint them on their figures because there history came to them filtered through films and that is the nostalgia.

On a fantasy note these fellows will eventually see service in my Beerstein army and so it becomes irrelevant as to whether the stripes are historically authentic. But the yellow and red match the predominant colours of my fictitious nation.




 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts