More Weird Technolog Napoleonics

 Napoleonic troops with chainmail? Technolog did some Napoleonics with what could be quilted or mail coats, even down to the tails. They look like strange Bavarians. Anyhow I went with the flow and added putty imprinted with a toothbrush for armor on the others. Why, you ask? I ask myself the same thing.

Okay, the reason is that even though I am fascinated by history I also love alternate history and SF. I am creating my own worlds, histories and armies. Alternate timelines and imagi-nations can just involve painting historical troops in different uniform colors. But why not go the whole hog? Why not have an alternate timeline or parallel or totally invented world where some Napoleonic type troops still wore mail?

'Turnip' is fantasy world game concept that has Napoleonic troops in medieval helmets and a lot of mud. Personally, although I think the imagery is fascinating and compelling, I think that missile troops - archers or musket men need an open helmet to aim properly and I also like bright colors.

Anyhow, here are the figures with their first overcoat of Modge Podge. The faces look quite weird close up so I am going to partially repaint them. (I had mislaid my detail brush at the time).

          This fellow, missing musket end, dropped on the floor and was run over by my chair, hence damage to the face.


  That chap on the right looks like he has a very scary eye, like in that Edgar Allan Poe story - too scary; I have to fix it!
Technolog figures usually have legs wide apart so they can stand without bases but still be knocked down easily with projectiles. Hence they need fairly large bases.


                                        The figure at right had his musket repaired with wire.

                         I have been liberal with the sand to partially cover the bloody big feet.
 

Eventually I hope to have a unit of 24 but I doubt that I'll get more of the Technolog figures; I'm not  sure that they still make this set. I might convert them from WW2 Airfix and Matchbox Germans.

Comments

Popular Posts