Conversion Of MPC AWOI Figure Into Napoleonic Style Fantasy Figure Painted

 Here is the Napoleonic conversion painted. I chose to continue using GW Bright Bronze for the helmet and Caledor Sky for the uniform. These are among my favorite colors. The pink is a nice cointr Rather than paint the tails as metal I painted them as cloth. I used minimal putty for chainmail, only covering arms. I relied on painting the gunmetal armor with black and silver speckling to suggest chainmail.

I am fairly happy with the result, especially the result I got from sculpting the helmet. However, one thing which is obvious is the large size of the head compared to body. The proportions are thus more child-like, or even verging on dwarf-like. I see the similar proportions in many 25mm figures, something I usually don't like (the proportions and the figures!) However, I am using this for fantasy figures, possibly my Ozzz forces, where 'Big Headism' is a common trait. On the other hand he is too big to be a Munchkin so would probably be a Quadling.

 The Wars of Ozz lists have no musket men with chainmail; it is just my personal adaptation for my Ozzz. He may also be used for Bogavanian or Beerstein forces. I have also used these BMC figures in my AWOI forces and have come to love the strange proportions as kind of cute when the figures are seen as toys rather than models.

Now I just have to make another eighteen of them.


ast. 




Comments

Popular Posts