Hollowcast Fezian/Turkish/Egyptian Figures

I swapped these figures from my mate Bob. They were originally Dave Palmer's and were originally gloss. Bob spray painted them mat and some paint crinkling occurred. I had the same issue when I sprayed an acrylic clear spray over an enamel gloss varnish.

I quite like the color scheme and poses. The foot figures are two main varieties, one meant to be Turks or Egyptians and the others Askaris. The latter have had their shorts painted over to suggest trousers.

So I am doing renovations. First up I have used putty to fill in the shorts to look like trousers. I also filled in some spaces at the upper arms. 

I'll be partly repainting the figures and adding facial details.

The cavalry look good. Now I just need seven more but I can use them as a bodyguard.

Bob did a nice job of basing although usually I would paint these kind of troops on desert or semi desert bases slightly narrower than these.








 

Comments

Popular Posts