Window & Door For The Lion Temple, Gigantor The Elephant And A New Statue

I took the relatively easy path to make a door and window for the new Lionian temple and simply pinched them from a little plastic toy castle. I superglued them to the two blocks, painted them black and then dry brushed with dark bronze and bright bronze. The step is a children's block.

 The statue was a half painted large metal medieval queen (I assume), I bought from my good friend Alan, which I gave a similar treatment to the door and window but spray painting it mat black first - er, the figure, not Alan. She won't necessarily be part of the temple and I'll give her a base from a spray can top. her proportions are actually a little weird with long arms and short legs but I'll just say it was a bad sculptor.

The enormous elephant was from Bob, in a swap, and it has a couple of Technolog heroines in it for size comparison. I want to use it in my 'Hill People' army although I envisaged them having woolly mammoths. The curved tusks would not be difficult to do with wire and putty. I am thinking about how I could create a hairy look on it. Any ideas dear readers? 

Actually mammoths had smaller ears but as it is meant as part of a fantasy army I won't be too concerned.







 

Comments

Popular Posts