WW1 Gasmask Trench Raiders

I  posed my converted figure with some Britains WW1 figures.  I see now that I already had a gasmask officer, quaintly wielding a sword which no longer exists. I'll make him a new one eventually. The Britains figures were painted in two color schemes, the greenish khaki shown here and one closer to the one I used on my conversion.

Regarding my conversion I decided to add a putty skull and ground work suggesting mud and glossed it plus added a couple of blue and brown glazes. I wanted to suggest that one foot was disappearing into mud. 

The plastic eye sockets I removed as they were too prominent but they left indentations that suggested the same thing. I repainted one of the eyes. Then I filled the eye area with gloss varnish to suggest glass.

The stick grenade was, I think, more of a German weapon, but I preferred to give the British officer one anyway.





 

Comments

Popular Posts