Black Dark Elves

Here is the experimental paint scheme I promised. It is not totally original as I saw a similar paint scheme with some 28 mm Dark Elves. SO these are REALLY dark Dark Elves. This was a bit counter intuitive as elves are almost always depicted as very light skinned and I still prefer this color scheme. However, this is a sub-group and I think this looks pretty cool too.

The only structural changes were weapons and ear lengthening as they figures were meant to be Amazons.

The purple metallic armor was painted from a very old GW paint. Does anyone remember the ones that were angular with push down lids? The paint might have been twenty years old and unlike many GW paints did not suffer from solidification. Anyway you can make metallic paints just by adding different colors to silver. I was going to go with the copper color but decided it clashed too much with the other colors and so limited its use. This purple metal seemed to go nicely with the black skin and white hair. The hair also had some blue added to it and a pale green wash with further dry brushing with white.

The black skin is not 'Negress black' which is really a very dark brown but black highlighted with blue-grey. The bases are the customary blue grey dry brushed grey black I use for Dark Elf and Chaos bases. It is a desolate rocky environment I imagine. However, I shall add some patches of green static grass.









 

Comments

  1. Which manufacturer are these figures? I thought Tehnolog but I don’t think they have action poses for creatures with bows.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts