Gillikin Infantry Mass After Arella Moves Her Land To Full Mobilization

 I decided to take some photos of the four Gillikin regiments. One of them was intended as goblins but, as with many of my troops, has a dual purpose. The Gillikin forces also include various beast units not shown here.

Here are the two recent conversions, the one at left from a modern day pilot and the one at right from a diminutive knight. The pilot figure had a nose extension from cut down tooth pick inserted in a drilled out hole. The figures were larger than recent Gillikin conversions so I added them to my older goblin long nose unit. I had some fun with that shield at left. The hub I made for the Warhammer shield reminded me of a nose so I painted the whole face of the shield as...a face!  I still need to terrain the bases to match other figures in the unit.


You can see here that the goblin/Gillikin unit is very 'diverse. The two on roosters were made from American Indians; the idea was to make a whole unit of them but I ran out of useful figures so I just added them into the infantry unit. The other figures are made from Red Indians, True Legends orcs and Hat brand ancients. There is one figure, with a bow. I don't know the origin of. Nearly all have nose extensions from Green Stuff or cut down matchsticks and toothpicks.
             These Games Workshop goblins or Gretchen are taller than average GW orcs and Gretchen but they are among the smallest of my Gillikins. However, they have large heads and big noses. The large moon standard is a goblin one.
                                             Arella and her cat were featured in an earlier post.
                                               Skeleton warriors are useful auxiliary troops






Comments

Popular Posts