San Theodorus Troops

 This unit made from repro Marx West Point Cadets. Originally, they were going to be Columbian Palace Guard. Then I discovered that they, unlike the WPCs did not have tailcoats.

   Then I slightly departed from the uniform colors and decided to count them as San Theodorus troops from Herge's fictitious country. I already had at least one figure with such a flag.

   My ultimate aim is to have a late 19th century to early 20th century South American army with an emphasis on Chilean and Argentinian uniforms. Paul Wright devised an army list based on Chile so this is my main reference point. I'll use my AIP Prussians for part of the army as Prussian uniforms were widely copied.  However, I am likely to call it The South American Federation and include troops from several real and fictitious South American and Central American countries. I'll probably put them up against my Cortesian (Mexican) troops first.











  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts