A New Campaign Approaches

 I finally got my act together and compiled resource lists and points lists for the armies. The balance will then be in leaving enough credits to feed armies in the field. Each unit consumes a credit each map move and a wagon can carry ten credits.

The whole thing is complicated enough without me separating which credits serve which purpose. In other words I don't differentiate between food and ammunition, artillery and musket shot and so on.

I am sharing my rather chaotic looking and badly ruled up lists. Some are scanned handwritten notes and some are typed. Eventually, hopefully I'll type the lot. I refuse to pay for Office so my typed notes are all done in Paint; this accounts for my rather uneven table entries.

Below: Unit points choices for Bogavania and Beerstein. Some units are Beersteiner only. Maximum units reflects those I have figures available for. This is for one army only. Each side can have several armies. I don't need figures for all the armies at once because usually only one is engaged at a time.

  Mercenaries include Hillmen (Viking Class, fast, skilled and with heavy armor), Fritz great Swords and Eastern horsemen. The mercenary points are half of equivalent non mercenary. The disadvantage of mercs is they are less likely to hang around in adverse circumstances and could even change sides.





             Bogavanain suffered many losses of characters in the previous campaign. 
The first seven columns are based on Warhammer. Occasionally we use the Warhammer stats with all seven columns. When we use our home rules we use Wounds, Initiative, attacks and Leadership. This does mean the characters have less survivability as in the full Warhammer table an opponent has to struggle through fighting an opponent with higher weapon skill. I am thinking about using with home rules a minus on the dice for those with lower weapon Skill.


                             Bogavanian hexes (Bogavanian territory was severely reduced by previous campaigns)

Fezian hexes
                                                    Fezian heroes, commanders and wizards
regarding the percentages the most important is the Battlefield Initiative as if it is higher than the opposing commander he can make him re-roll for setting up and starting first dice rolls. Another one is important if it is far to one extreme or another - Caution. So a high caution commander will have to dice
to do a high boldness action. A low caution commander is more likely to take risky actions; this might be moderated by High Battle intelligence to prevnt doing something truly idiotic. Frank Perry's wargames included this sort of character develoipment where characters have minds of their own. I wanted a more structured mechanism to demonstrate this. Most of my units also have to dice roll to enter into melee. The exceptions are knights that have to dice NOT to attack. Any units designated as berserkers or fanatics must attack. However, I usually don't roll dice just to activate for ANY action although I do so to bring units from reserve. The situation I want is where the player has general control but not guaranteed where the little guys have some volition of their own.
    

                     Fezian unit choices and points values.  I have to add war elephants. Fezians have short bows or mounted archers with compound bows and smaller number of muskets. They tend to not have pike but spears.

I'll post Beersteiner character and hex lists at a future time.

PS Whoops: Musketeers equal 4 credits, not 2!

Comments

Popular Posts