Accola Adolphus, Fritz Army Commander

 You will recall that this rider started off as a Herald Household Guardsman. he was going to become part of a Beerstein heavy cavalry unit. Now that Fritzerland has posed a threat to Beerstein I wanted a distinctive Fritz commander.

As mentioned in the earlier post, he has been given a Timpo knight head and a copy of the same, arm with sword. I also cut a scabbard from a matchstick. This is relatively large as he has a medieval sword. The cloak is made from Green Stuff.

 The horse is a BMC one. I really like these horses. Potential riders usually fit snuggly although I had to trim the areas necessary to accommodate the Herald riders. The rider inside lugs on the legs were also trimmed off. I always cut the stirrups off as they cling to the horse sides and riders usually already have stirrups on their boots. I like the blanket roll and the object in front of the saddle could be a coat or another blanket roll or twin pistol holsters.

 Two downsides are that the small hooves make less area to cement the horse to a base. Also, the reins are only on one side. (You can't see that here). I drilled a hole at the bit area on the left-hand side and another one near wear the saddle pommel should be. A thinly cut length of aluminum can was Super Glued in place. A length of Steelo dish scrubber would have worked better as it is hard to cut the aluminum sufficiently thin and even. I didn't have the other handy so aluminum can it is. Tou can cut it easily with scissors. The drilled hole at the start of the mouth tends to go through to the other side but this can easily be filled with putty or even Araldite or other thick glue.


Another post will show the Beerstein heavy cavalry progress using the same horses and some others.
When I paint this figure I'll post that too. I can guarantee an especially garish pant job!

In case you are wondering I deleted some of the post content so I could add it to FB.
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts