Ancient Greeks & Friends Preparing To Join Patran Forces

 Every now and then I just pick up a couple of handfuls of figures and paint them. usually, though there is a wargaming connection.

First up are some Hat Celtic cavalry. They will serve as generic light cavalry in most of my human fantasy armies, most likely as scouts.

                                   The prone figure is, I think, an italeri Muslim warrior archer. He will probably join some existing units
                                          The Hat figure to the front is possibly a Carthaginian.
  Here are a couple of Conquistadores that will proably serve as heroes for fritzerland, Beerstein or Bogavania. The brand I forget but they are very nice figures.
   This is a Hong Kong copy of an English made Roman with lost signifier. I cut the arm off and reatached it, He could be pointing down at The Games or manning siege weapons.
Timpo Toyway ancient Greeks are really nice figures, the only issue being droopy weapons etc. I like the face mask on the first one but his sword looks more like a dagger. I don't think he is THAT happy to see the Persians.
  
One of these trumpeters had a droopy trumpet. I used the boiling water and ice water routine but it did not completely solve the problem. The kneeling figure is an interesting pose. I could have left the Toyway figures unpainted as the factory paint jobs are okay. However, I did cut off the annoying 'made in China' writing on the backs. This meant I also cut off some of the paint. This kind of paint (polyvinyl?) adheres well so it is a good idea not to try to get it off but just to paint over it.
These are cheapo made in China figures that are really good value. I don't know if they were copies of anything or original figures. Anyhow, I cut off their swords as I want the figures to man catapults. However I gave them sword scabbards made from cut down comb bristles. The handles were made from green Stuff. others of these figures I have made into retro SF figures.


Comments

Popular Posts