Elasto Wit Figures Arrive From Ukraine.

 Not long ago I discovered the amazing figure range from Elasto Wit 'rubber figures'. They come in a wide range of subjects and they are made from a soft, flexible, plastic. Marchenko tells me that he uses, successfully Vallejo undercoats. My usual plastic car clear undercoat followed by GW spray remained slightly tacky.

First up is the Phantom's dog/wolf. Something about the front legs made me think of a werewolf so he will probably see some unusual uses.


Next is some mucking around by me where I have swapped the helmets from Ned Kelly's to the aliens' helmet and the reverse.


                                    The promo sheet for Marchenko's Time machine figures
  The actual time machine needs to be cut from the sprue and glued, probably with Super Glue. There is a lot of flash but it is very thin and easy to trim off.
                  Inspired by the film here is the brooding head over the Moorlock underground base. It will look good placed on various structures, including my painted wooden blocks.
   Moorlocks and Eli, in some imaginative poses, including when the Eli finally, after seeing the time traveler's bold moves, fight back against the predatory Moorlocks. The Moorlocks, and especially the Eli, should be slightly smaller than the time traveler but this is a minor point and I'll use the figures for many different settings apart from the film one.


  The traveler is in a seated pose for the time machine and a club wielding pose. His stay-at-home pal is there too.
The Eli make can make good Dark Ages or fantasy village people. The Moorlocks can be used as generic humanoid monsters such as ghouls, aggressive 'pre-men' or even orks. In fact, they could be trolls or even giants if used with much smaller scale figures.
       Retro SF aliens, closely modelled on old SF films, like 'Earth versus the Flying Saucers'. (The taller ones. minus helmets, would also pass as mummies).
                                       The Kellys. The figure of Ned has a removable helmet.
                                  Retro SF character figures. I love these guys although Jane Fonda, as Barbarella, had a much nicer figure than this one. Her hips are too snake-hippy for me. Her super-sized gun recalls the strange weapon she had in the movie and partially makes up for her less pronounced other assets.

     Buck Rogers and Flash are my favorites. I am very keen on wargaming with retro SF figures and in quite new scenarios and different combinations.
   I like that robot too but I'm tempted to convert it with a screw into one of the 'rapist robots' in the alternative 'Flesh Gordon'.
                Here is the Phantom in a brilliantly colored plastic. It is a very nicely sculpted figure.
  Koong Fool, er, Kung Fu. This is the man who wanders around the Wild West and beats every villain by using no gun and running around barefoot. He carries his shoes but why bother if he never wears them? Nice touch and his hat is carried behind, at his belt.
                             Ahab and pal from 'Moby Dick'. Marchenko chucked these in as freebies...
   ...along with the following: I love these figures! I think they will make great characters and perhaps even spies for my fantasy campaign. I can see the swordsman as a hero character to toughen up a regiment of swordsmen or musket men.

 At some point I am going to order more figures. ones that especially caught my eye were the Scarecrow figures (based on the Disney film) that could serve in my Ozzz scarecrow unit. I also like the French Foreign Legion figures, among others. Marchenko is also, eventually going to make some John Carter of Mars figures. He has already made some additional retro SF figures that I am also interested in.

Below: Ned without his helmet



Comments

  1. I really like see this. Lots of figures I have never seen before. Bruce - Utah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts