Semi-flat Cowboy Roping Cows Whilst Crossing River

 Okay, so there is not a cow insight, but it is inferred, or maybe he is catching a bad guy; he is wearing a white hat.

  This is one of my lead Easter figures. It was part of the four kilograms of old lead figures. He just looked like sinker material then. He is a bit smaller than 1/32 and obviously looks less satisfying viewed on end. I'm not a huge fan of flats and semi flats but they are growing on me. I reckon they look best on a shadow shelf where the observer looks at them from the side, not the ends.

   The alterations I made were cutting away the broken lasso and drilling out the right hand to receive a new lasso cut from pot scourer metal strip. The bent and broken to billy-o back legs were cut off high enough to provide a surface to glue to a wooden disc. That was difficult so I made some green Stuff reeds to anchor the figure to the base.

 On a close up view I can see that the left arm is distorted, something I might fix with some Green Stuff and repaint.

    

                        The red shirt has to be painted a bit higher to indicate the black vest.
         The disc base has been painted to represent water with some stones added to indicate the bank.

  The pistol in holster was made from Green Stuff and coated in Super Glue to make it tougher.

I'm quite pleased with the overall result, especially the spotted cow hide-chaps and the face with sideburns. I don't know the brand or what it looked like originally but it looks like something worth placing on a shadow shelf now.

Comments

Popular Posts