Progress On Steam Punk Submarine And Flying Monkeys

 The gaps between hull and top bit (someone will tell me what it is called) was filled in with air drying clay. later I noticed cracks in this gap sealer so filled them in with Super Glue.

   The Gatling is made from brass tubes.

I found a plastic lid which will top things off.




The Africa Corps officer had his cap partially redone as some had broken off the rear. His base was cut down and fringed epaulettes added to the shoulders.
The winged monkeys are another work in progress, but I need more of them for a real swarm. They will be a source of air support in Ozzz battles.

  I now have a fairly fixed view or the colors I'll paint the sub but I am interested in any thoughts on this.

ON THE HORIZON

CLAY: Yesterday I made an SF related sculpture which I'll share as it progresses. It is only the second clay sculpture I can remember ever making.

My ferry/troop/vehicle transport is being spray painted gray.

I am still painting my ElastoWit figures which will appear on my blog as I paint them. 

Some more exciting stuff is coming from ElastoWit, including Daleks and Tardis! The narrator figure in the Time machine figure set doubles as one of the Doctors, looking like Peter Cushing from the 1960s film and also one of the 'one off' Doctors in the later revamped series. (I don't remember the story line for that one but he had a long coat and a scarf).

Another fantasy campaign game will be happening either this week or next week.


Comments

  1. I get so much inspiration from your work! Oh for to have this chapter of life done, be moved into our own place, and have some workspace so I can dig in and be making things again!! Oh, the word for the part of a sub that sticks up with the periscope in it, is the Sail... it's mostly so people on deck when the boat is surfaced, don't get washed overboard by the waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brianne. Your own work is also inspiring. I especially like how you painted modern infantry in your own uniform schemes. Also your ACW and medieval figures are wonderful.
      Your imaginations are very detailed and creative.
      I have been retired for over eight years so it does help although I always made time for my hobby even though work impinged on my time!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts