Modern Cheapo US Military Two Handed Pistol And Rocket Launcher

I am getting more and more drawn to WW2 and contemporary troops, mostly because there are just so many to be had very cheaply and also as I envisage my imagi-nations, at some point in the future, getting up to those analogous eras.

These two American style modern figures I painted in a simplified desert pattern. I like the two-handed pistol pose. The cut of the helmet is a bit different to the other figure and I wonder if it is meant to be British.

The figure with rocket launcher puzzles me. I am no expert and have never had the pleasure of firing one of these but is the pointy bit meant to face the rear? Some weapons expert can explain it to me!



 

Comments

  1. I've had the pleasure of firing such rocket-propelled anti-tank weapons, but they were merely a polycarbonate cylinder with a rocket inside, and didn't have 'that pointy bit in the back. That's were the backblast and recoil goes. The piece. The piece might be something to reduce the back-blast or recoil, or simply being a protective hatch so no dirt comes into the tube. Ours had small caps in the front and back which needed to be removed before firing.
    Nice paintjob by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger I was waiting for someone like you who has been in the military.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts