Fezian Fleeing Units Escape Beerstein's Crossbows.

 Two small groups of Fezians fled West into Beersteiner territory but two full units of Beersteiner crossbow men, moving South and then West through Fezian territory and back into Beerstein territory detected the fugitives. The latter then moved Southwest towards Bogavainian territory.


                                    The two crossbow units are shown below. Unfortunately, I ran out of Beersteiner crossbows and had to include some Bogavanian ones.                     









                                      A single Fezian survives from a crossbow volley

                                     The other unit of Fezians survives without new casualties.


SETUP AND GAME OUTCOME

I placed dice along the Eastern edge of the table to determine where my Beersteiners would come on. They arrived on the Southeastern corner. I placed dice on the Southeastern edge of the table and the Fezians arrived towards the center of that edge.

   Unlike most of our games we rolled dice for initiative each move. I find it hard to keep track of whose turn it is, but it was not so bad with a small game like this. The advantage of this procedure is it adds to the suspense as it is possible for one side to get two moves in a row. I won the first few initiative rolls but Mat won the later ones.

 As I expected, it was very hard to catch the enemy. If I had light cavalry or long bows things would have been different. I had to make sure my crossbows moved forward sufficiently to get in range but as they could only move or shoot, I had to hope the initiative would favor me so I could get a shot in. I managed to get one volley in which felled most of the smallest unit, leaving one man still running. (The Fezians also managed to retrieve one of the wounded). The larger unit and the survivor from the other unit moved off the designated section of board edge untouched. The Beersteiners had no casualties.

 The game lasted about thirty minutes, the smallest of our twenty odd battles in this campaign.

 We rolled the die to see if the campaign continues and it does! The issue now is if our armies have enough supplies left to continue!

Comments

Popular Posts