My Semi-Flat Metal Figures.

 I just completed a new semi-flat metal cowboy. This is the one I added a new gun barrel to. I also added some stones, stacked on each other and stuck with Super Glue with graphite and baking soda. These stop the front legs from bending too far forward. To his right is a conversion of cowboy with lasso, I did a year ago. At far right is my Gillikin flag bearer.

                                                       Slightly bigger Prussian lancers
                                             Here they are with French and Belgian (?) figure.


Here is a better picture, showing the latest cowboy repair, at left. He has been painted as a Confederate irregular cavalryman. I am fairly pleased with how he turned out, especially the speckled horse finish. The figure at right was a Napoleonic one but I gave him reverse rhinoplasty to make him into one of the witch Arella's Gillikins.


The regulations for both Confederate and Union uniforms were very similar and trouser stripes were for NCOs and officers. Some volunteer and militia units had their own ideas.,

   
These kinds of figures are growing on me, and I'll add some more as I repair the battered ones I obtained last ACOTS convention. They have a spot on my shadow shelf.

 

Comments

Popular Posts