New Conversions from Cheapo Figures - AWOI And Hun Or Mongol

                                I like making cheapo figures into something completely different. 

       First up is the mounted Indian made into a Hun or Mongol. This was fairly simple. I just added Green stuff to make boots and fur hat, as well as filling in the leggings to resemble trousers. I also added a club for close combat.

    The cavalryman had the pennant removed from the pole and a new lower section of it added as it was too short. Now it is a spontoon. Spontoons were carried by 18th century officers and sergeants. (Previously sergeants carried halberds). They were used to keep the rank and file in line as well as being a defensive weapon.
     I also added a putty wig and putty coat tails with turn-backs. I added paper tape cross belts and putty equipment. The sword scabbard is cut down from a plastic knight's sword. The hat was cut down and built up with putty.


If anything, I gave him too much equipment for a sergeant or officer. I might give him a sword in his other hand.

  The general look I wanted was of a Timpo American Revolution figure.

Comments

Popular Posts