News From The October 2023 Work Bench

 You might have noticed that a variety of 'natives' and Arab types get conscripted into My Fezian army. The two Conte Zulus blow lack their shields, which I might or might not replace. Their clubs are puny and bendy so I'll also replace those. They can also serve in various fictional nations such as Lionia and Ebony. Of course, I might just use these figures as Zulus.

     Below are two 'undersized' figures that might become part of my Ozzz armies. The knight was an MPC foot  figure before I removed his base. I like the curly helmet plume and the vibrant animation. On the other hand, the figure is very skinny so I'll mos tlikely add a cloak.
     The other figure is vaguely 18th century and came with a pirate set. The hat is a little weird as it is quite undersized for what appears as an attempt at a tricorn. The pistol is interesting as it has a flared nozzle. Maybe it is a mini blunderbuss. Both figures need the addition of sword scabbards (the Knight's was removed as it was in the way of him riding). I also need to add bridles, reins, saddles and so on. The horses are cheap Hong Kong ones from the spare horse box.
  These lead, semi-flat and variable scale figures have become a new fascination to me. It is a quite old figure but not an especially valuable one. In any case his rifle lacked a barrel, but now it has one made from brass wire. I had to cut off what was left, including the hands. I used Super Glue and a mix of graphite and baking soda to stick it. This also created some new hands. I bent the hat brim up at front and rear.
   The figure has a trouser stripe so maybe it is intended as a US cavalry figure. Oddly, he has two pistols, thrust into his belt and not in holsters. I might paint him as an irregular Confederate cavalryman or guerilla. 

   The pose is probably a bit unrealistic but firing from the saddle with a long firearm could have happened sometimes.
  I have a number of cheapo plastic knights and decided to make something unusual. I also have plenty of cheapo plastic animals. Some of the lands in my fantasy world are home to beast men. This fellow will be given a spare, silver plastic DSG sword after he is painted. That way the sword will not be painted and thus not subject to paint loss which can happen on flexible thin weapons.



The Mountie I'll most likely paint as a dismounted US cavalryman, early 20th century. The Hing Fat pirate captain will get a hand to replace his hook and will probably man a cannon.

Comments

Popular Posts