Zombies, Thousands Of 'Em

                                 Well, there are not really thousands but there are two units.

  First up is my original unit. Motley bunch, aren't they? That is how I like them.
They include some space figures figures that came out a few decades ago and some copies of Timpo knights.


   The plate armored fellow is a cheapo knight with a new head, from somewhere.
  The flag is a pirate one. The holder is a copy of Timpo with ahead from a double headed mummy.
 Hovering in the background is an MPC Frankenstein. The other figures are from an oddball assortment of assorted monsters.
  Now, here is the new zombie unit. The figure at left is one of the recent cheapo zombies with a Games Workshop ogre head and a DSG musket arm. The middle one is a cowboy with repro Cherilea Viking shield arm and Timp knight head. The figure at right is another tube zombie with hair added.



 The figure with green hat is a cowboy with putty hat, kind of like a Robin Hood one.
                   The figure at far right is another cowboy with paper toweling, PVA soaked turban.
                                                  Behind is a cheapo Indian with new sword.
  The figure in the foreground with tricorn is another cheapo zombie with a spare Revolutionary War head and some spare arms, one hard plastic and one metal, if I remember rightly.

     




                                        
  When I glued the arms I used Super Glue with Baking Soda and Graphite. This was a rare occasion when I did not mind if I made a mess. The gravelly, rough look suited the subject.

   After painting the basic block clothing colors I gave a liberal dry brushing of grey/brown and then with some whitened color. next I got a sickly green and dabbed that around.

   The skin tone was attained by painting a light wash over the white undercoat. I mixed some Games Workshop brown washes with Crimson wash. The eye sockets and mouth were painted black and then the eyeballs and teeth painted in a yellowish white.

 After I have varnished the figures, I'll splash some GW Blood for the Blood Gods around, on mouths, hands and weapons and a little spilled on the ground. I'll also add, sparingly, a little green flock on the bases. This will be to add some color but I want a fairly desolate look.

    RULES

I like the Warhammer rules on zombies. They always go last in melee because they are slow. They also have stupidity, I think. How stupid of me, I'll have to look it up. The stupidity rule means the unit or figure must roll a dice to see if he just potters about, see?

  As with skeleton warriors they are immune to psychology, and they cause fear. An extra rule I am thinking of is that after a successful melee a dice is rolled to see if the unit pauses to dine on the dead. In that case another dice is rolled to see how long for and also to see if they add more numbers to their unit - probably D6 worth.

  I enjoyed painting these figures, although it takes some discipline to deliberately model and paint sloppily!

Comments

Popular Posts