Metal WW2 Germans

 I obtained these figures secondhand some time back. They are closer to 1/35 than 1/32. There is no brand on the bases so they might be home castings. I got them painted and the previous owner had done some nice detail, including painting the helmet emblems and eyes. He also had made some of the equipment from scratch.
   The map reader's map had disintegrated so I made a new one from aluminium can. I also partially repainted parts of the figures. The coat color was rather dark, so I painted on a lighter Field Grey but leaving some of the darker grey in the shadows. The trousers were also a bit light so I added a draker wash. The faces were reapinted but keeping to an enhanced toy soldier style.



Wha.t drew me to the figures was they are in poses that indicate a breathing space in the battle. Also, one of the officers has a sword!

Comments

Popular Posts