The One The Gillikins Of Ozzz Left Behind

 Today I found this bewildered green skinned Ozzz warrior in my front yard. He has lost his base and some paint. The bare plasticene shows on his backpack. I calculate that he must have been there many months as it is a long time since I posed these figures to photograph them. You can check back on my posts if you want. It will be under Ozzz then you can tell me!  It could even be a year or more! He is very lucky. I seldom mow the lawn although he must have survived one or two lawnmower passes, presumably at a high setting. The chickens and ducks also did not mistake him for a grasshopper. I reckon he might get in strife with the witch for going AWOL.

  The figure itself was a cheapo copy of Airfix German Africa Corps with metal helmet head which has transformed, presumably due to being a copy of a copy of a copy etc. I painted him as a 19th century type but with metal helmet and supply container.


I hosed off all the dirt and I'll add a coat of PVA before touching up the lost paint. It is a surprise, however, that so much of the paint stayed on! That is what good undercoats and overcoats do. This is not the first time one of my troops has gone AWOL in the garden but usually it is one of my ACW ones.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts