Lead Vikings Ebay Purchase & Musings On Vikings

 I recently bought these two Vikings which are coming in the mail. I really like their chunky look. If anyone can tell me something about them, I'd appreciate it. Who is the maker and are the horns on the helmet meant to be more substantial?

 I have moved on from the days when I would stress over how accurate Viking models/toys were. I don't mind having some with horned and winged helmets and bare legs, even though they are not especially historical. Of course, they can serve as earlier Goths and assorted Germanic warriors.

In my fantasy wargames I have a generic heavy infantry called Hillmen who are souped up elite warriors and pseudo-Vikings. As they are used in my fantasy campaigns, they do not have to be one hundred percent 'accurate'. They are generic elite barbarians.

  My plan is to do some repairs on these figures. Obviously, one of them needs legs. Maybe I'll give him wings as well because my Hillmen are getting an airwing of Hawkmen! Then again, the cloak would get in the way of the wings! I am guessing that the other one is meant to have more than wire sticking out of his helmet. 


Comments

Popular Posts