Resin Production Line, Including The Walking Wounded

 When I see a particular figure, I would like some more copies of I make gelatin/glycerin molds of them.

First up is this wounded metal hollowcast Timpo GI. The figure at left is the original, next is an unfinished resin figure. The third figure is a resin copy painted in the same colors as the original. The last figure is a conversion into a German. The helmet seemed deep enough to shape to a German helmet. The jacket was extended with Green Stuff. The ammunition pouches are from an Airfix Multipose WW2 German set.

Next figure is a casting from the Speedwell native. The horns and hand did not come out so I mase them from copper wire and putty. I might need to also add some putty to the underneath of the figure and to fill a hole in the chin.
I wanted some extra kneeling BMC Mexicans so made a mold. This one still needs trimming.
         These are copies of a Charbens grenadier. The ends of the muskets did not come out so I made them from wire, putty and bayonets cut from a plastic lid. I also added some more equipment something I should have done before making the mold. The bayonets were made from split pins.
  Timpo Romans. I left the shield off to make for a simpler casting and will add them from some spare shields.
  This is the Airfix space warrior in miniskirt. I'd like a unit of these! For some reason the head of one figure did not set and was mushy so I scalped her and gave her a 'pixie' putty helmet. The stand also did not come out, but I base my figures later, so it does not matter. The head and face on the space girl are very attractive so I might use some for conversions where I want a different female head on another body.


      BMC copy and original. I ran out of kneeling firing figures to complete a unit so made my own.


Comments

  1. Well done James!
    Your recastings looks good!!
    Interesting idea to form a unit of the Airfix female spacewarriors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More are on the way! I have previously painted a couple of the original space girls. I would like to do a unit in silver outfits and purple hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy from Texas! Yes, James, graeat stuff. You are very clever about turning moulding flaws into assets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts