Resin Space Girl, Friar Tuck, Timpo Romans, Aztec Ape & Arab.

 The Airfix Space Girl is one of my favorites and I want to make a unit of them. Below is a new casting including an undercoated one. The other figure is made from a Kellogg's (Crescent) Friar Tuck missing his weapon. His hand and base did not come out in my casting but I made a new hand from putty and stuck a sword into it. Other thoughts were whips - self flagellation or giving the sheriff a hiding, a cross or a musket/rifle for more modern eras. After all, priests sometimes become militant and side with revolutionaries or reactionaries. Turning the other cheek is sometimes suicidal. I also made him a little taller but even now his legs look too short. Another thought is just to use that great head in some non-priestly conversions.


   This is a copy of a Reamsa Aztec. The weapon will probably have to be replaced and wire and putty feet and ankles added but I can always do with more Jaguar Knights. I might also give him a shield; the original had a standard but I need only so many of those.
         This is my favorite Britains Detail Arabs as he is the only one who would also double as an Indian Mutiny figure.

   The arms and shield did not come out well, but I bent the shield around while it was still soft and Super Glued it to the chest. It won't be too hard to repair the casting.
   Here is my resin casting from my ape conversion. The telescope will be easy to complete with copper wire. I aim to make a few more of them and given them artillery implements for manning their cannon.
 I am fairly happy with the Timpo Roman production. Even the ones where just the upper part came out were useful as I added them to some lead lower parts I already had. Eventually I'll add shiels and I shall have a unit of twelve resin and lead copies of Timpo. My aim is to have 24 but I have melted down this mold and will make new ones from different parts and figures.
    Gorillas with assault rifles or is that an under and over grenade launcher? I'll add the barrel end from wire and putty. I could have just converted more figures in less time than making a mold and casting but eventually I'd run of the figures I was using. These will be painted in red overalls, representing the 20th century ape rebellion. In the end I'll probably use them in the same army as the later purple dudes. my favorite battle scene in the Apes movies was in Battle for Planet of the Apes. That would mean also making mutant human opponents, well not yet mutant, but very cool in their repurposed school bus and army jeep.

Comments

Popular Posts