Lizardmen Versus Undead Without Using Lizardmen or Warhammer Figures! Replacement armies.
I take a kind of perverse pride in using whatever the Hell I like from Warhammer rules and using completely different figures and scale.
This game originated from our random army generator. It was Undead versus Primordia. However, to make it more interesting than just random dinosaur tables I thought a Lizardman army might be fun. The only problem was I didn't have much in the way of lizardman figures, whether Warhammer 28mm or my chosen 54mm scale stand-ins. I did have my 1/32 goblin/gretchin conversions and some dinosaurs with howdahs. I also had my squiggoth conversions. The former became skinks and the latter beasts stegadons. also had an old lizardman codex. I couldn't find reference to a magic lore for the lizards but found mention of magic items. So mat, as the Lizardmen, picked 100 points of magic items.
The Lizardmen included mage priest and three units of Skinks plus a unit of Saurians, this last using some cheapo amphibious humanoid shaped creatures. There were three stegadons.
The Vampire forces included vampire lord on zombie dragon, Terrorgheist, a unit of zombies, a unit of skeletons with spears, and a unit of skeleton archers.
Below: zombies, a very varied mix with the fresh one actually a Dulcop peasant.
An unknown beast, looking like a cross between a mammal and reptile, watches the scene.
'Saurans'
Zombies take the place of the wiped out skeletons.
The outcome of the 12 move battle was declared an Undead victory. Undead lost a unit of skeletons and the terrorgheist. The lizardmen lost two stegadons and three howdah crews as well as the saurians that were killed off by zombie dragon and vampire.


Comments
Post a Comment