More Pictures of the Island X Game, the Next Game Planned & Fantasy versus Imagi-nations.
I found some more pics of the last game and added some A.I. scenic effects, so no, my scenery was not that good and the craft does not float in real water (at least I have not tried it).
The Unconquerable to the rescue...
The river was crossable, by the hunters AND the dinosaurs!
The Rex likes entrees.
Both dinosaurs and most of the scientific team met their demise.
NEXT GAME:
Ruritania Versus Zoohoo
The next wargame will be a Funny Little Wars game set in late Victorian to Edwardian era. We rolled the random army generator to produce Ruritania and Zoohoo. Ruritania is vaguely based on a country from literary fiction. Zoohoo is a combination of Zulus and other African tribal types along with Arabs. In other words, a rifle armed European type country with machine guns and state of the art artillery versus a country with warriors with shields and swords/spears and others with dated firearms and a couple of cannons.
I haven't decided on the ratio of troops but the Zoohoo forces will be larger.
IMAGI-NATION vs FANTASY
I recently took part in an interesting conversation about imagi-nations wargaming versus fantasy. The drift was that one case argued that imag-inations were made up nations in historical settings. Fantasy is (supposedly) non-historical with various creatures. Well I don't see it. I mean an imagi-nation is an imaginary country so why does it have to be confined to 'historical' settings?
Of course the definitions are contrived and people will make whatever scenarios they like. My wargames, increasingly have a sword and sorcery fantasy element but also a historical element. I have various human and non-human nations with inter-period wargames which are actually close to historical, anyway as historical colonial campaigns involved nations at quite different levels of technology and organisation.
Of course the definitions are contrived and people will make whatever scenarios they like. My wargames, increasingly have a sword and sorcery fantasy element but also a historical element. I have various human and non-human nations with inter-period wargames which are actually close to historical, anyway as historical colonial campaigns involved nations at quite different levels of technology and organisation.
My Funny Little Wars games are probably closest to the imagi-nations concept confined to a particular (human) era. Occasionally, though, I extend it to interplanetary conflict or war against supernatural countries. I have played a Gerolstein versus Chaos game and a Blusia (Victorian/Edwardian era France) versus Barsoom.
My fantasy campaigns are about fictional countries that have access to sorcerers, giants, dinosaurs, dwarfs, and, sometimes, dragons. Yet theyy also progress from longbows to flintlock and percussion muskets.








Comments
Post a Comment