Sorceresses

 I never heard of 'wizardesses' yet there are sorcerers and sorceresses. There are different lores around magic users but basically I assume wizards, sorcerers and sorceresses to be more powerful than witches or warlocks. Wizard and sorcerer are basically the same thing but there is a certain assumption of evil around the terms, sorcerer and sorceress and especially sorceress. For some reason the females are more diabolical.

  What is more, the sorceress is seductive in a way a sorcerer generally is not. I get the impression that she is ravishingly beautiful, that she uses her powers to keep herself youthfully pretty and that she uses her charms to mislead men onto the wrong path. They find all kinds of inventive and evil ways to undermine the patriarchy.

  Some time ago, I had a homemade mold to make metal copies of a Phoenix Atlantis female. The original I painted as an Egyptian looking figure. She has vanished into the warp but when she remerges I'll take a photo.

  The figures below are variations on the castings. A couple of them were removed from the mold to early and suffered some crippling injuries; that did not stop me utilising the castings.


Left: Umondra is a sorceress who served Beerstein in its war with Bogavania and Fezia.  I am not certain if she still lives so I'll have to check how old she is and if her magic is strong enough to extend her life and youth to an unnatural level. The head is a plastic one added to a casting which I think did not produce a head. The middle figure is my most recent effort; she lacked much of her lower part. I built a dress up with putty but she was too short and I had to take her off her base and add some more Green Stuff.

Yes, she could have been a midget sorceress but her arms would have remained long, giving her chimp-like attributes. As mentioned in the earlier post, her face was incomplete.

This is why: Although her paleness suggest a Dark Elf or even vampiric origin, she was, in fact, a denizen of the dark lands of Chaos. The Chaos gods, 'in gratitude' for Morganni's dark magic 'gifted' her with a hideously scarred upper right face. In fact, the three enormous raised scars occasionally undulate under the skin as if they are snakes. Morganni was notoriously vain and not impressed by the 'gift'. The Chaos lords had fixed it so that Morganni could not remove this from her face. They promised they could, in gratitude, make more 'improvements'. Morganni fled, from the Chaos city of Hysteria, through Asguardia (the land of the Hillmen) and into Beerstein. there she narrowly escaped being burnt at the stake and only because of the intervention of the king.

Despite hosting the crusader orders and being the head of the church King James was prepared to bend the rules if it would help to defend Beerstein from its enemies. Morganni swore she had no allegiance to the demon lords and would serve the king. King James had to ensure she was kept at a distance from the priests and church. Her proximity weakened their prayers and ability to protect the righteous. Even their vows of chastity were said to be weakened for despite her horrible scars she was still very comely.

  To the right is Isbeth. Isbeth has remodelled hair. Isbeth is half Dark Elf and she may even have served the Dark Elf armies. She is, however, available for human armies.





      An ork skull is at Morganni's feet and may have played a part in one of her incantations.

                            Morganni's scars have even attached themselves to her metal skullcap.


My sorceress rules will include an upgrade of 'allure' which can make (mainly male) enemies helpless before her. This is a power generally associated with female vampires. Another upgrade (also available to wizards) is a familiar which increases the chances of spells being cast.

Comments

Popular Posts