Simbas or Zoohoo Archers.

These archers I originally made from assorted Red Indians to represent Simba rebels in the 1960s Congo. Last game I used them as Zoohoo archers. I did not change the figures much except to make leggings into trousers, painting the skin darker and feathers more colorful


Cheapo Red Indians are a great source of troops from ancients through various colonial and even modern conflicts. I have also used American Indians for Aztecs or similar civilisations. They even are usable for Amazon Indians if you lose the leggings.

 

Comments

  1. This blogpost inspired me to watch a YouTube-documrntary on the Simba Rebellion. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Simbas were an interesting mix of tribal superstition, traditional weapons and modern ones. I liked how the witchdoctors gave warriors special 'protection' to make them bullet proof. This actually worked somewhat with superstitious black government troops who were scared of witchdoctors, but not on European mercenaries and Belgians.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts