The Rexes Get A Makeover

 Well, they are not all tyrannosauruses but from convenience that is what I call them. 

I based the figures on CDs or card squares that I coated in PVA, sand and other texture before painting, giving a dark wash and a dry brush of lighter color, followed by some sparsely glued green flock. Rather than undercoating the figures I just gave them a black wash followed by a light greenish sand dry brushing. I also painted with better definition, teeth, eyes and claws.

  Below: The big fella I call 'Big Bob' and he is marked as made in Hong Kong which means he is an older figure. He was originally brown plastic. I have another one in blue plastic. The next smaller one in the background is also a tyrannosaurus. The horned one, in the foreground, is another species.

  The other four are three allosauruses and another Tyrannosaurus at far right front. The tyrannosauruses have two digits on each hand and the allosauruses and horned beast have three.





So there are the carnivorous ones, ready for the next batch of Edwardian scientists and hunters or the next Beersteiner, Fezian or Bogavanian horse and musket era expedition to 'unknown islands'.

Comments

Popular Posts