Skeleton Tank

I've had this item a long time after picking it up at a Sunday Market, garage sale or op shop. It was originally red, black and white before yesterday when I spray painted it black and dry brushed it in gunmetal.

Underneath the toy it says 1984 World Events. I can't say I recall any world events where skeleton tanks were employed but maybe it was all kept under wraps.

I wasn't sure what figures to put with it but I decided on my 1/32 Grave Guard. I think I'll replace the guns with Gatling's and add a turret to the top. A smoke stack might look good too. I'm not sure what wacky scenario I'll use for it but maybe the sorcerer in control of the mysterious Necrolia decided to try a little technology as well as the usual spell casting.
The warriors are combinations of made in China skeletons and copies of Britains Detail knights with a few Space marine shoulder pads thrown in. Even though the latter are a smaller scale they work in this context.



                   Somewhat bizarrely, the head has a neck which can be extended from the tank.

Comments

  1. James,

    Love the blog! I do 54mm fantasy gaming as well. Are you on TMP (the miniatures page)?

    That tank is from the line of toys for Voltron:

    http://www.virtualtoychest.co.uk/v/voltron/Voltron_Skull_tank_2_crop.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts