1/32 Dwarfs

Over the years I have collected a varied assortment of medieval fantasy type dwarfs. The Dungeons and Dragons one made in Macao was used for a mould by a friend so I had some metal versions to work with but i also collected various plastic figures, some intended as dwarfs and some just with unusual proportions. My most recent additions are the ones from the true legends sets. Originally I was going to use them as normal sized warriors just slightly height challenged but now I might well use them as dwarfs, although they are mostly taller than my existing dwarfs. They are equal in size to the Conan type figure who was probably not intended as a dwarf anyway. the armour is especially strange on the legends figures, consisting of pieces of plate that protect only selceted portions of the body, notably the front of the legs. Given their short stature helmets would be a must as their enemies will probably be hitting from above. on the other hand these dwarfs seem to have some nice bulky, pointed foot armour, just the thing for kicking tall men in the knees!

Overall, my dwarfs have an assortment of armour so I will classify them as having armour equivalent to my chain mail covered troops.

I'll follow the GW precedent and give them shorter movement (little legs), ordinary initiative, but skilled and stubborn on combat. They might also have a roll in digging tunnels and cave work.

                                                                          Legends figures

                                Size comparison. The Conan or Tarzan figure was given a Britains sword.
                                                             Original Macao Dungeons figure

Comments

Popular Posts