More Archers Completed.

The first pics show some very unusual cheapo figures I got from China. They were all based on the grave image of the Black Prince, even the archers. The bows were rather small so I cut them off and used a hand drill to make holes and replace bows with wire. Once upon a time I would also have made bow strings from thin fuse wire or hair off my head! I make so many of them now that I can't be bothered any more with such fiddly detail. I need to touch up the paintwork but they are fairly close to being enlisted in the next campaign.

The heads were rather small and pointy, not to mention complete with crowned helmets so  putty was added fur around the helmets to make them look bigger. I hadn't intended to do so at first as this is more a fashion among my Bogavanians and I wanted these archers in Beersteiner colours.

 However, royal bounties have been issued by both countries on the pestilent numbers of wolves. Men have even hunted the deadly dire wolves in order to turn a profit. Quite a few wolf skins have been sold to supplement the royal treasuries, depleted by the initial bounties and also three years of war. Naturally they have been put to service as helmet adornments and also to ward of the bitterly cold Winters.



                                                         More cereal packet additions
                                           A Replicants crossbowman - he does look grumpy

Comments

  1. James,
    I really enjoyed reading your three posts over breakfast today as the rain lashed down outside. Your figures look great (as ever) and I am particularly struck by the Black Prince archers.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts