Goblins From Indians

These figures are for my 54mm fantasy world, although they are closer to 45mm. I wanted a use for the undersized Indians I pick up in Chinese cheapo bags.

As I follow many of the Warhammer conventions I thought to convert the figures into goblins as in that universe they are generally puny, and bossed around by the orks, although the goblins are a little smarter. Having said that I heard that in the new version of Age of Sigmar the goblins have become more powerful in relation to the orks, but I prefer the old version.

The changes I made to these figures were to eliminate the loin cloth on one of them and to add fur hat from putty. I decided to leave the feathers. A Timpo tomahawk replaced the flimsy spear but it was a little hard to drill out the small hand. On both figures I have lengthened the noses with putty - the main change required.  The second figure was given a soft hatThere is no reason why I could not leave the figures completely unchanged except for this. I could also have added in large pointed ears but decided that they were covered by fur or hair.

As with my orks I love to use green skin. Again, I have followed the Warhammer convention of having a paler green for the goblins. My choice of green is always on the bright side. Usually goblins are shown without hair but rather than try to carve it off I have painted it I have painted it purple (as I did with my orks). That's the great thing about fantasy - use all sorts of crazy colours.

American Indians have a lot of potential for conversion to other periods, historical, fantasy or SF. One day I am going to convert some into red skinned Martians for John Carter type games. I just have to work out how to convert Winchesters into Martian guns.

Comments

Popular Posts