More Orks From Russia

The following figures, with one exception, are from Russia. If anyone knows the brand name lease  feel free to inform us.The exception the pointing figure, which is a little smaller, is from the Bones range and is not supposed to be an ork but some sort of half human half ogre, I think. These are the first of a new unit I am planning. They are nice figures although a tad under 54mm and smaller than some other 60mm orks I have from Russia. The crossbow shield-combi is an interesting touch.

The armour will go into my 'heavy' class (primarily armoured torso and head) with one figure a grade higher in the 'medium knight' class. I am going to give them similar fighting ability to my Hillmen/Vikings but with lower initiative.

Not all orks are depicted in literature as having green skin. Sometimes they are various shades of brown or sickly pale colours, notably in Tolkein's version. I follow the Warhammer convention of green skin as I want them to look very different to my other human medieval fantasy. And I just like a nice bright green!










Comments

Popular Posts