A Fishing Boat Is Compelled To Join The Navy.

This wooden boat was obtained on the weekend at a Melbourne trash and treasure. I'm not sure if the $12 was well spent as it needs some work to make it useable for wargames and I am an awful at cutting wood and making models of this nature. Anyway, I most likely will get out the jigsaw and attempt to make it waterline. The cabin looks a tad small but I'll probably keep it. Ultimately I want it to pass for late 19th century to early 20th. Any ideas would be appreciated.


Comments

  1. I'd have been tempted at that price! It needs a new mast (removable for ease of storage and transport?), a fat steam funnel and perhaps an open bridge to accommodate a couple of figures. And guns obviously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim I was thinking something similar. Where would you locate the funnel? I could also use some wire to make a rail.

      Delete
    2. Any idea how to make the open bridge here?

      Delete
    3. I used a business card box and it's lid for the bridges of my gunboats.

      Delete
    4. I'd love to see some pics. I have probably seen them before but would like to look at them again.

      Delete
  2. James, Nice purchase my friend. I suggest you use manual tools when chipping away the bottom. Maybe use a small wood saw or if the wood is a soft one, use a box cutter to slowly trim away the bottom to make it water line standing. Or you can also just mount it on a board and sculpt the water around it using paper mache or putty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of using putty but paper mache waves would be cheaper and they will conceal my poor cutting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts