The Five Dollar Bag

The first two figures were picked up separately at  market. I like to collect cheap but well sculpted civilians for use as is or conversions. the Indian is a copy of jean but you can't have too many bowmen.
   At a second-hand bazaar I bought a five dollar bag of mostly WW2 cheapo stuff. About two thirds were the usual suspects - crude copies of Airfix and Matchbox.
                                  Below are some unusual Germans, made in china but possibly copies of an American brand. Does anyone want to enlighten? I already had a few at home and quite like them as they have a lot of character. The helmets are shallow for German helmets and would pass as paratrooper helmets. There most distinctive feature is an iron cross recessed on one side - looks like a swastika from a distance. The officer crouching over, the flame thrower and the standing machine-gunner are my favourites.





                    I had these GIs when I was a kid and still have some so these just add to the existing bunch. I always liked the pineapple texture of the helmets that represents netting. The pod feet were never compensation for lack of secure bases but I like these battle hardened guys. made in China again but I think they are copies of an American company.


Comments

  1. I think they are all copies of American firm Lido
    http://www.angelfire.com/biz/toysoldierhq/Lido.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts