Fishing Boat Transforms Into Gunboat

A friend used his electric cutting tool to cut around the hull, the objective being to make a waterline model. Unfortunately, after that, it still held fast. I got to work with some hand saws but eventually grabbed for the hammer! After punching some holes in the hull I. I found it was held together by quite a lot of wooden bracing and putty. In the end I did dispose of the lower hull with only a few chips out of other places.

The other addition was a craft box to the top to make an open upper deck and also the addition of a games Workshop smoke stack which was cut from a spare for my Ork walker (gargant or stomper - I forget which). It looks nice with the jagged top and the whistle.

I'll be painting it mostly white but will leave the wooden decking. The boat's name is Serendipity.



Comments

  1. Thanks Brian. It is now painted gloss white and will have brass coloured fittings and a black top to the smoke tack.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts