Early 20th Century Supply Cars Painted

I love these toy cars! After paying only a dollar I have got my money's worth in entertainment and creative output. I like that the tops come off and that the cars actually roll along the ground! I never liked the idea of placing wargaming vehicles on bases to 'enhance' their look. I much prefer to see them roll over the actual terrain. I have a little more work to do on them. I'll probably cover the rear side windows and pick out details on the headlights. I'm not sure if I'll dust some brown dirt on to them or leave them more traditional. They also have to be varnished. I'll probably go witj a semi-gloss.

The driver can be alternated. AT the moment he is redcoated but it could as easily be someone in khaki or a civilian.

I have posed the vehicles in front of my 'factory' but more on that in the next post.



                 The rear vehicle does not have the roof pressed right down, revealing the red of the original appearance. I also have yet to add a seat and driver.
The solid wheels are a little unusual and more in keeping with an armoured car. The profile of the vehicle looks unnaturally high but that wasn't that uuusual for the time depicted, The trucks of WW1 I have seen have a partially open driver's compartment with the roof projecting over but I am assuming it was not universal. These cars are meant to be generic for my Funny Little wars armies and might see service in a number of armies.

I also did not bother with interior detail such as steering wheels! In any case I would then have the dilemma of which side to place the steering wheel!

Comments

  1. These vehicles remind me of the French taxicabs of the Marne in WW1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts