Toy Block Factory

I wish I had more of these wooden blocks; in fact I'm thinking of getting more especially made up. I have long been impressed by the Wellsian simple block buildings. I have used that as a starting point.

Having blocks individually painted means I can configure them differently on different occasions and for different games.

My inspiration this time is a combination of Well's Little wars and The Time machine. So I am aiming for monolithic blockish structures I might use in a semi-historical game or a purely steam punk or science fiction game.

I have painted a metal door on a small flat block to use as the doorway and cut a thick marker pen in half to make the chimneys which are Araldited to a small block to place on top. I am going to do some more work on the door, possibly by gluing card and larger matchsticks around the edge.

The cotton wool smoke is a final touch although I could spray paint it a sinister black or even some weird greens and pinks! Alternatively, black dolls hair would also do the job.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts